Become an Instructor
The lessons on the Live4guitar marketplace are produced by members of our guitar community who have joined our instructor program. This program is open to anyone with the ability to teach guitar and produce high quality instructional material.
How it Works
To become an instructor and sell your work, you have to follow these steps:
Become a Member - You will need to create an account and log in to the marketplace. It's free to sign up.
Fill in the form on the bottom of this page - In order to see this form you will have to be logged in.
Tell us who you are - Send us your biography with some YouTube links of your work and the list of equipment you will be using in order to record your lessons (Video & Audio).
Wait for approval - When your request is approved, you will be notified via email.
Start selling - At this point you are an instructor and can upload your content. Your account will change into an instructor's account with a few additional options.
Read our help pages and watch the "Authoring Tutorial" - This is an overview of some important information about uploading lessons, copyright, selling and general use of the website.
Each lesson should contain:
- main video covering the entire lesson
- videos at slow speed covering parts of the lesson with different camera angles if desired
- backing tracks at various speeds
- PDF files with chords and tabs
- GP5 files
- any spoken/written instructions as necessary
Lessons covering popular songs by other artist are normally subject to copyrights. These are in most cases covered by our Music Licence so you can feel free to teach covers.
When your lessons are live, you will be accumulating earnings from sales which can be paid out in a few ways:
- When you upload your lesson, our team will set the price (subject to approval)
- The instructor earns 50% of the agreed lesson price per sale for exclusive, or 25% for non exclusive lessons
- When your earnings reach $50 or higher you can request a payout to your PayPal account. Payments are processed at the end of each calendar month and are paid out on the 15th of the following month.
- For earnings of more than $500, you can request a payout by cheque or wire transfer. Please note that fees may be applied to this method of payment.